Some things learned in a company hot seat.
1.Things work out well in the end, irrespective of how it looks.
2. Persistence pays.
3. Sales isn’t something you do to someone else.
4. Your strengths and weaknesses are two sides of the same coin.
5. Curiosity pays: whether personal, professional or commercial curiosity.
6. Interrogate everything.
7. Everything takes three times as long and costs twice as much as you think it might.
8. People work well in small teams.
9. Autonomy is important.
10. People want to be heard and seen. We all do.
11. People buy things for their benefit not yours. And the benefit is emotional.
12. People decide emotionally. They justify rationally.
13. We act emotionally and justify rationally.
14. Running a business isn’t about you, despite what your ego thinks (mine included).
15. Always be learning.
16. Always strive for better, with love and care.
17. We are emotional beings. Inspire people and make them feel safe. Inspired people who feel safe, act.
18. Know your motivations.
19. Prepare for success.
20. People are people. That was true 2,000 years ago. It’s true today. Technology comes and goes.
21. Compete or differentiate?
22. Nothing is forever; which is true for projects, clients, customers, employees, partners and companies. Celebrate their passing. Say goodbye often.